Privacy – QES collects and stores information from this form to:
- Manage the business of QES (including internal reporting, administrative processes and selection of scholarship and prize winners).
- Comply with the requirements of the Education Act 1989 and other legislation relating to maintenance of records and accountability for public funding.
Supply information to government agencies and other organisations as set out below
In signing this enrolment form you authorise such disclosure on the understanding that QES will observe the conditions governing the release of information, as set out in the Privacy Act 2020, the Education and Training Act 2020 and other relevant legislation. You are entitled to see any information that QES holds about you and request to correct any errors in that information. To do so, contact the Enrolments Officer.
NB: The Privacy Act came into force on 1 December 2020 with the stated aim of protecting the privacy of individuals. It requires QES to collect, hold, handle, use and disclose personal information in accordance with the twelve information privacy principles in the Act which can be viewed on the Privacy Commissioner’s website http://legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1993/0028/latest/DLM296639.html?src=qs.
QES reserves the right to photograph usual business, in and around the work area on and off site. All photographic documentation becomes the property of QES which may be used for marketing, web distribution or the moderation of assessments. No names or personal information will be displayed or disclosed without prior approval by the individual. Notify the Site Manager if you wish for your image not to be used.
Supply of Information to Government Agencies and Other Organisations
QES supplies data collected on this form to government agencies, including:
- The Ministry of Education.
- The New Zealand Qualifications Authority.
- The Tertiary Education Commission.
- The Ministry of Social Development. (StudyLink): in relation to student allowances
- Those agencies use the data collected from tertiary education organisations to:
- Administer the tertiary education system, including allocating funding.
- Develop policy advice for government.
- Conduct statistical analysis and research.
Your personal details (name, date of birth and residency) as entered on this form will be included in the National Student Index, and may be used in an authorised information matching programme with the New Zealand Birth Register.
The government agencies above may supply data collected on this form to Statistics New Zealand for the purposes of integrating data with data collected by other government agencies, subject to the provisions of the Statistics Act 1975. Integrated data is used for the production of official statistics, to inform policy advice to government and for research purposes.
In handling data supplied by you on this form, the government agencies are required to comply with the provisions of the Privacy Act 2020.
When required by law, QES releases information to government agencies such as the New Zealand Police, Department of Justice, Ministry of Social Development, and the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC).
Information collected on this form may be supplied to other educational organisations for the purpose of verifying academic records.
Rules – In signing this enrolment form you undertake to comply with the published rules and policies of QES with regard to attendance, academic integrity and progress, conduct and use of information systems.